Sunday, December 16, 2018

onkyo ht-s5805 Review

onkyo ht-s5805 Review

Onkyo Home Theatre in a Box…Out of the Box

Right away, I can tell this is going to be good. I expected an all-in-one to be flimsier. The Onkyp HTIB is solid. It feels like it means business. In the 80lb box, you’ll find the A/V receiver, five speakers, a powered subwoofer, coloured speaker cables and a remote.
The subwoofer is huge! And I totally mean that exclamation point. I’d put two if it wasn’t overkill. But, seriously. It’s huge! And as with the five speakers, the cabinet is made of some sort of pressed wood. The finish is really nice, and they feel really solid. I somehow expected plastic speakers. My own home theatre audio system is made up of five little plastic speakers and a subwoofer (old remnant of a HTIB I’ve yet to upgrade), so the Onkyo speakers felt very luxurious to me. The speakers and subwoofer are also covered by a nice black mesh in the front. I’m totally experiencing speaker envy.
The receiver is polished black, with a nice fluorescent display that is easy on the eyes. It features eight HDMI inputs, so you can hook up all your game consoles, Apple and Android TVs, BlueRay player, and everything else with ease. I also like that there’s also a front input on the receiver, offering easy access for when friends come over and want to hook up their own systems or media. The included remote is pretty standard. I might even call it too simple. But, overall I’d say out of the box the Onkyo HTIB looks really classy, yet understated at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment